GET INTO GAMES
3 DAYS PER WEEK
GET INTO GAMES COURSE OVERVIEW
Following the success of our Games Development Level 2 course, we are delighted to offer this course fully-online to young people who are unable to attend our Brighton or Bexhill centres.
Running from September to June, students will have the opportunity to create games art and animation, design their own 2D game and develop skills for working in the games industry.
Students will take a game from the idea and design phases, all the way to self- publishing online. Alongside this, students will have the opportunity to take part in meaningful games industry-based work experience.
The games sector is one of the fastest growing industries, and this course will start you on your journey to working in this creative sector.
Students will also receive classes in Maths and English GCSE (as needed), enabling them to secure grades 4 and above in these subjects.
WHAT WILL I DO ON THE GET INTO GAMES COURSE?
• Be introduced to games development software such as Construct 3, Unity, Piskelapp, Beepbox, Chiptone, Blender and MagicaVoxel
• Develop your own narrative ideas for games including scripting and storyboarding techniques
• Build an understanding of User Experience and User Interfaces
• Explore different careers in the games industry
• Build a portfolio of work showcasing your skills
AT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
• Achieve Technical Media Production Level 2 Diploma (Games Pathway)
• Gain a foundation understanding of game design software such as Construct 2, Unity, Piskelapp, Beepbox, Chiptone, MagicaVoxel
• Create a professional portfolio
• Explore various roles within the video games industry
• Progress to a Level 3 course in Games Design and Media Production
No formal entry requirements needed. Students who haven't achieved a grade 4 or above will also have the opportunity to achieve their English and/or Maths qualifications.
EXAM BOARD INFORMATION
WHAT OUR PREVIOUS STUDENTS SAY
It was so amazing getting the chance to turn my hobby into something that I could do for a career! I really enjoyed learning how to build my first set of characters and storyboarding game ideas.
Dv8 gave me loads of experience in software that is so important in the games industry. I’m looking forward to adding to my portfolio and trying to get an apprenticeship in the gaming industry,