LEVEL 2 & LEVEL 3
BRIGHTON & BEXHILL
3 DAYS PER WEEK
MEDIA PRODUCTION COURSE OVERVIEW
The Media Production Course will help you to develop an understanding of the core skills of photography, moving image creation, website design and online promotion.
The course gives you the introduction to photography and filming – capturing footage and then editing this as appropriate for different digital media platforms, such as websites, social media sites and Vlogs.
This course is about developing filming and photography skills and using Adobe software to create professional-quality work to a range of digital media platforms, such as websites, social media sites, music videos and Vlogs. An important part of the course is learning how to plan and pitch ideas for media content and services to potential publishers or platforms.
WHAT WILL I DO ON THE MEDIA PRODUCTION COURSE?
• Develop your skills in essential software such as Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Work on projects involving video production, photography, sound design, animation, script writing, digital marketing and interactive design
• Learn to use equipment such as DSLRs, steady-cams and professional lighting
• Work on real-life briefs for real-world clients (previous projects have included working with Brighton Fringe and video production company Big Egg)
• Build a portfolio of work and learn how to market yourself professionally online
• Explore different careers in the media industry
HOW LEVEL 2 AT DV8 WORKS:
Our primary intentions for young people on Level 2 studies are:
• Securing GCSE grade 4 or above in English and/or Maths
• Achievement of a meaningful vocational Level 2 qualification
• Excellent preparation for progression to Level 3
AT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
• Achieve a L2 Extended Certificate in Media (1st year) and a L2 Diploma in Media Production (2nd Year)
• Gain a firm foundation in software such as Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Develop your voice as a media practitioner
• Build an understanding of various roles within the media industry
• Progress to our Media Production course at Level 3
LEVEL 2 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A previous Level 1 qualification and/or GCSE Grades 2-3 - subject to interview
HOW LEVEL 3 AT DV8 WORKS:
Our primary intentions for young people on Level 3 studies are: a) Developing meaningful vocational skills based on early stage career progression goals b) Year 1 is for the completion of a Subsidiary Diploma with a review to going on to a 2nd year of a full Extended Diploma. c) To secure between 48 & 144 UCAS tariff points as part of Higher Education progression options
AT LEVEL 3 I WILL:
• Achieve Technical L3 Subsidiary Diploma in Media Production (1st year)
• Achieve Technical L3 Extended Diploma in Media Production (2nd year)
• Create a professional portfolio of Media work
• Complete a Relevant work experience placement
• Showcase your work on a variety of platforms within the media industry
• Progress to university level courses or seek a career in the media industry, including Digital Marketing Apprenticeships
LEVEL 3 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A previous Level 2 qualification and/or GCSE Grades 4-9 (Inc. English & maths) - subject to interview
EXAM BOARD INFORMATION
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
The thing I enjoy most about the course is how creative you are allowed to be and the freedom you have in your projects.
Since studying at Dv8, my editing and photography skills have improved.