LEVEL 2 & LEVEL 3
BRIGHTON & BEXHILL
3 DAYS PER WEEK
GAMES DEVELOPMENT COURSE OVERVIEW
The Games Development provides a comprehensive experience of 3D games development, producing art assets, 3D models, game designs and gameplay scripts for a year-long project.
In your 1st year, you will reimagine and reproduce a game scene or level, design, plan and pitch a 3D game, produce various visual elements using Adobe Suite, and produce a game demo in Unity.
In your 2nd year, you will conduct research into your future career in the games industry, create a 3D modelled character, and plan, produce, test and promote a 3D game to a brief.
WHAT WILL I DO ON THE GAMES DEVELOPMENT COURSE?
HOW LEVEL 2 AT DV8 WORKS
Our primary intentions for young people on Level 2 studies are:
- Learners will study a Level 2 Extended Certificate in their vocational area alongside relevant English and/or Maths qualifications (working towards Grade 4 in GCSE)
- Learners who achieve their GCSE at grade 4 or above (or equivalent) in Year 1 will gain immediate progression to Level 3
- Learners who require another retake English and/or Maths qualifications will go onto a second year of Level 2 vocational studies, working to a higher vocational award of Level 2 Diploma
- Progression to Level 3 will be targeted with the learner and agreed based on English/Maths outcomes and attainment in the vocational area
AT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
LEVEL 2 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A previous Level 1 qualification and/or GCSE Grades 1-3 - subject to interview
HOW LEVEL 3 AT DV8 WORKS
Our primary intentions for young people on Level 3 studies are:
a) Developing meaningful vocational skills based on early stage career progressions goals b) Year 1 is for the completion of a Subsidiary Diploma with a review to going on to a 2nd year of a full Extended Diploma c) To secure between 48 & 144 UCAS tariff points as part of Higher Education progression options
AT LEVEL 3 I WILL:
- Achieve Technical Media Production Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma, Games Pathway (1st year)
- Achieve Technical Media Production Level 3 Extended Diploma, Games Pathway (2nd year)
- Gain an understanding of core scripting concepts, allowing for the creation of custom game scripts inside of a game engine
- Produce detailed 3D models using industry-standard production techniques
- Create ‘rigs’ for 3D models, enabling the then to be used in digital animation
- Develop an understanding of game genre conventions
- Design games to meet a specific purpose and fulfil the needs of the audience