games development course
LEVEL 2 & 3
LEVEL 2 & 3
RECRUITING FOR FEBRUARY 2020 & SEPTEMBER 2020/21
16 - 19
Brighton & Bexhill
3 days per week
gAMES DEVELOPMENT Course OVerview
What will i do on the games development course?
at level 2 i will:
AT LEVEL 3 I WILL:
- Achieve Technical Media Production Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma, Games Pathway (1st year)
- Achieve Technical Media Production Level 3 Extended Diploma, Games Pathway (2nd year)
- Gain an understanding of core scripting concepts, allowing for the creation of custom game scripts inside of a game engine
- Produce detailed 3D models using industry-standard production techniques
- Create ‘rigs’ for 3D models, enabling the then to be used in digital animation
- Develop an understanding of game genre conventions
- Design games to meet a specific purpose and fulfil the needs of the audience
Level Up is our brand new Level 2 Games Development fast track course starting in Brighton at the end of February 2020.
This course is perfect for any young person aged 16-19* interested in video games and games design. If you’re not currently enrolled at college and have been left feeling like you have to hang on to September to get back into learning, we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to wait! Join us in January for six months, three days a week, and work towards achieving a Level 2 Award in Creative Digital Media (Games Pathway).
The course is designed to help you develop all of the core foundation skills in 2D and 3D games design so that you can succeed and progress onto either the full Level 2, or Level 3 Games Development programme at Dv8 in September 2020. Plus, you will receive a relevant work experience placement during this time too!
If you haven’t already attained your Grade 4 English & Maths GCSE, you will be able to continue working towards the appropriate Functional Skills level.
If you want to join in the fun, all you need to do is apply using the link below for the ‘Level Up!’ course and we’ll be in touch with you to arrange an interview.
Entry requirements: Subject to interview, a positive attitude to learning and preferably Grades 3 or above at GCSE English or Maths.
* Must have been between the age of 16 – 18 on the 31st August 2019.