16-19 Tuition FUnd
What is the 16-19 Tuition Fund?
The Government has provided a funding allocation for the 21-22 academic year.
We intend to use our tuition funding for both:
· small group tuition
· one-to-one tuition
We will deliver tuition in:
· our vocational courses
· student study skills support
The tuition will be delivered by:
· existing teaching staff
· learning support staff
· student services staff
The funding will be specifically targeted to support small group tuition for our study programme students who have had their learning disrupted. Specifically, the funding will be used to support tuition activity above and beyond the programmes of education already planned for young people who:
· have not achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths
· are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support.
We will also be ensuring that we meet the needs of students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Our priority will be tuition for those students who have not achieved a grade 4 in maths and/or English, providing tuition to assist high achieving disadvantaged students to reach their full potential and supporting other students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Quality of provision
Dv8 will monitor the quality of this provision in the same way as we monitor the quality of all our provision. This will be focused on ensuring that the tuition is focused on students’ specific needs. Delivery will be a mixture of small group and one-to-one tuition focused on students having significant gaps in their learning.
In accordance with government guidance, the College will:
· Produce this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
· Publish this guidance on the College’s website
· Record the use of the fund and include the needs of those students, the number of tuition hours delivered, and be able to demonstrate the impact the support provided
· Deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2021/22
· Notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the fund for it to be reclaimed