MUSIC PRODUCTION & PERFORMANCE
LEVEL 2 & LEVEL 3
MUSIC PRODUCTION & PERFORMANCE COURSE OVERVIEW
The course is not built around performance, although opportunities for this will be there for learners who are interested and want to participate in end-of-term showcases, or if they want to use extra-curricular time for a music club.
At Brighton, our course is composition, recording and production based. You will use Ableton as the main platform for your work and the goal over 2 years is to develop skills and confidence that will set you up as an independent music maker/producer and equip you with the entry grades for higher education.
At Bexhill we also have facilities for rehearsal and performance and so there are units included on the course to develop musicianship and the ability to play with others.
WHAT WILL I DO ON THE MUSIC PRODUCTION & PERFORMANCE COURSE?
- Learn to apply Ableton skills to sequencing, drum programming, sampling, audio recording and remixing in a studio environment
- Develop your songwriting in a variety of styles and genres
- Explore different careers in the music industry
- Work on artist development and marketing
- Explore sounds design for video and games
- Work with Brighton record labels
- Build a professional portfolio of recordings
- Release your music
- Previous guests include DJ Skitz, MC Harry Shotta, Tru Thoughts and Rough Trade
LISTEN TO OUR STUDENTS WORK
HOW LEVEL 2 AT DV8 WORKS:
b) achievement of a meaningful vocational Level 2 qualification
c) Excellent preparation for progression to Level 3
AT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
• Achieve L2 Diploma in Music Performance & Production
• Gain a firm foundation in Ableton production and studio production
• Develop your voice as an artist in production and performance
• Build an understanding of various roles within the music industry
• Progress to Level 3
LEVEL 2 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A previous Level 1 qualification and/or GCSE Grades 2-3 - subject to interview
HOW LEVEL 3 AT DV8 WORKS:
Our primary intentions for young people on Level 3 studies are:
a) Developing meaningful vocational skills based on early stage career progression goals
b) Year 1 is for the completion of a Subsidiary Diploma with a review to going on to a 2nd year of a full Extended Diploma.
c) To secure between 48 & 144 UCAS tariff points as part of Higher Education progression options