RECRUITING FOR SEPTEMBER 2020/21
16 - 19
3 days per week
EVENT MANAGEMENT Course OVerview
Through planning and delivering your own real-life events the Event Management course will give you the confidence and experience to succeed in an exciting and rewarding industry. The Events course tutors are active professionals whose inspiring projects regularly take the learning out the classroom and into the heart of the industry. Working in small class sizes creates the perfect atmosphere for developing ideas, and allows each student to explore a variety of roles.
Whether you’re interested in promoting your favourite band, working at festivals, putting
on stand-up comedy, or see a future in tour management, you will gain the key knowledge with which to build your stage for success. Training in Event Management will also give you a grounding in a range of management and business skills to help you succeed in your creative career.
What will i do on event management course?
• Conceive, plan, pitch, promote & manage a series of events
• Build essential knowledge in event production & promotion, advertising, digital marketing, health & safety, security, licensing, funding your events, and tour management
• Previous projects have included delivering a programme of events for Brighton Fringe Festival 2016 and The Alternative Great Escape 2017/18
• Explore a variety of roles in the events industry
• Learn how to run a balanced budget for your event including raising money through ticket sales and crowdfunding
• Deliver a range of events in collaboration with other students including gigs, club nights, fashion shows and film screenings
• Work independently on real- life project briefs for clients at a variety of venues
at level 2 i will:
• Achieve Level 2 Diploma for Music Practitioners
• Plan and deliver a variety of events working in a team
• Explore various roles in the events industry through networking and making contacts
• Progress to the Event Management Course at Level 3