16 - 18
Brighton & Bexhill
3 days per week
LIFE SKILLS COURSE OVERVIEW
Our Life skills course is designed to prepare young people in everyday life and support their progression into further education and employment. The main focus will be on building confidence, team work, communication and presentation skills, independent living skills, employability and soft skills.
In a small and inclusive classroom environment students will work on projects independently and in teams, exploring a variety of areas that will work on all the skills needed to be successful in work and life.
What will i do ON THE COURSE?
- Take part in team building activities
- Learn to work independently
- Gain confidence and work skills
- Develop presentation skills and showcase your work
- Work on community volunteering projects
- Develop employment skills and create a CV
- Go on trips around the local community
- Take part in an outdoor curriculum looking at growing food, healthy eating, and cooking
At Level 1 you will:
- Achieve an Level 1 certificate in Business & Enterprise
- Achieve Functional skills or GCSE in Maths & English
- Learn basics of software such as Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Explore a variety of jobs / progression opportunities in education or apprenticeships
- Have a work experience placement
- Progress to a Level 2 course or into employment / apprenticeship
- Feel confident and have an enhanced knowledge and understanding of essential life skills
- Applicants should be able to provide evidence of a positive attitude to learning and a demonstrable ability to complete Numeracy and Literacy work at Entry Level.
- An interest in business and enterprise.
- Evidence of wanting to build on essential life skills – presentation, communication, team building & everyday life skills.