Our Student Support team exist to make sure every student has the fullest and happiest learning experience possible, whatever their needs.
Student Support is at the heart of Dv8 Sussex, working to assist our students’ journey, overcome any barriers to learning, and enhance their experience throughout. Working closely with our tutors the experienced team operate across both campuses. In addition to learning support the team is available to offer welfare advice to all students facing issues ranging from housing and finance, to mental health and confidence, regularly utilising our strong links and partnerships with local support services.
Students with special educational needs or significant barriers to learning can access a variety of Learning Support tailored to their personal needs.
Learning Support includes but is not limited to :
• Group work
• Catch up sessions and drop-ins
• Learning resources for Special Educational Needs
• Extra time during exams, for specific needs
• Welfare advice including drop-in sessions
• Employability, careers, progression and UCAS advice
• Financial support and advice
• Access to counselling and other services
“Specialist learning support in the classroom and the provision of more general personal support are particular strengths” OFSTED 2015
“I have a lot to thank [student] support for, I wouldn’t have completed my first year without them” Dv8 Music Student, July 2015