Paid Internship Programme
16 - 18
Brighton & Bexhill
3 days per week
The Paid Internship Programme is perfect for young people looking for a taste of what the real working world is like whilst building complimentary creative skills. Combining a unique opportunity in the workplace and the tailored support offered at college, this is the chance to put yourself at the front of the queue for a truly rewarding career.
In your initial induction you will complete the AIM Award in Skills for the Creative Industries with our industry professional tutors, whilst refining your interests and abilities before we help match you with the ideal employer. Once in placement you will be supported in the workplace with regular tutor visits. College sessions will include a range of industry speakers, visits to TV and radio stations, record labels and live music venues, as well as skills workshops in a range of creative industry skills areas.
What will i do?
• Complete paid work placements with a range of exciting employers over 5 months
• Visit a variety of creative businesses and employers
• Meet industry specialists
• Build a portfolio of work showcasing your skills
• Access to Dv8’s music, media and fashion resources to develop your creative knowledge and skills
• Develop a range of employability skills including problem solving, working
to briefs, creative thinking, collaboration, presentation and workplace digital skills
• Previous placements have included Eastbourne Royal Hippodrome, Mummerations Gallery, Big Egg Films, Rialto Theatre, Stick It On
on the paid internship programme you will
• Complete a 5 month work placement with relevant employers
• Achieve AIM Award Skills For the Creative Industries
• Achieve Maths/English GCSE or Functional Skills (if not previously attained)
• Earn £10 for each day with an employer
• Progress to an Apprenticeship, a Level 3 vocational course or to employment in a variety of roles
• 4GCSEs A*-C or Level 2 qualification English and/or Maths at GCSE grade 4 or above
• As this is a work-based study programme you must be ready for the workplace and to commit to a five month work placement