Events Management Level 2 & 3
Dv8 Sussex’s Events Management course in Brighton and Bexhill focuses on staging exciting real-life events and is full of opportunities for you to learn from. The course builds your knowledge in essential skills such as health and safety, artist liaisons, marketing, press, and budget management, to give you the confidence to succeed in this exciting and rewarding industry.
“I had no idea when I signed up to do Dv8’s Events Management course that I would end up running a festival in Dubai! The skills I learnt on the course have been invaluable as I build my exciting career” Esme, Events Management graduate
Our Events Management course gives you the opportunity to build your knowledge in essential skills such as: programming and producing, health and safety, marketing, press, and budget management; give you the confidence to succeed in this exciting and rewarding industry. The course tutors are active professionals whose inspiring projects and real-life industry links will give you an insight into what it’s like to work in the live events industry.
Whether you’re interested in producing your own festival, want to put on stand-up comedy, wedding planning, or see a future in managing corporate events, Dv8’s Events Management course will give you the key knowledge and experience in which to build your stage for success. This is the chance to stage events and gain invaluable work experience.
• Conceiving, planning, pitching, arranging and promoting one-off events and regular Dv8 projects
• Last year’s Level 3 students ran the fi rst ever youth-led venue at Brighton Fringe
• Previous guests include Avalon Comedy, Arcadia, AEG and Bestival promoters; Brighton Fringe Director; Fuel Theatre; Select Security
Internal progression from Intermediate Level to Advanced Level
An Advanced Level qualification will allow you to progress onto a Foundation Level degree at university
Previous students have gone on to work with festivals, at a variety of venues and in hospitality, wedding planning and corporate events
- Achieve RSL Level 2 Certificate in Live Events and Promotions
- Plan and deliver a variety of events working in a team
- Manage event budgets
- Market and publicise events
- Learn about event production
- Explore networking and making contacts
- Achieve AIM Awards Level 3 Diploma in Live Events and Promotions
- Plan and deliver a full programme of events in Brighton Fringe Festival 2016
- Work independently on real-life project briefs for clients
- Gain a professional portfolio of contacts
- Gain responsibility for managing events on the night
- Gain experience working on real events across the South coast