Introduction to Music, Media & Digital Level 1
The Introduction to Music, Media & Digital course at Dv8 Sussex in Brighton and Bexhill is designed to give you a hands on feel for a variety of creative techniques to help you find the path that is right for you and gain all important work skills and digital knowledge along the way. The course is also about building confidence and finding a learning environment that can bring the best out of you.
“Dv8 Sussex is a highly inclusive place to learn and learners are treated with care and respect; learners work well collaboratively and support and respect each other” OFSTED 2015
These days it’s so important to have the right package of skills when looking to start a career in the creative industries and the Introduction to Music, Media & Digital course gives you the chance to get a feel for how all the important bits work. Aspiring musicians will get the chance to record their tracks and learn how to promote themselves online; photographers will get the chance to learn how to build a website and shoot a band’s album artwork; filmmakers will have the chance to bring their ideas to life on professional software. Everyone on the course will have the opportunity to work on projects independently and in teams, exploring a variety of roles and ideas, building friendships and confidence throughout the year. Introduction to Music, Media and Digital is led by tutors who have experience of working in the creative industry who can offer you invaluable advice on how to get started.
All students will have the option to weight their attainment towards Music or Media depending on their preferred course area. Students will then attain a Certificate in their chosen specialism and an Award in the the secondary subject area.
- Recording music using Logic software
- Filming and editing video
- Building digital skills for example in creating a blog
- Developing employment skills and CV writing
- Photography using professional DSLR cameras and Photoshop
- Creating a varied portfolio of your digital work
- Achieve BTEC Award/Certificate in Creative Media Production, BTEC Award/Certificate in Music Production and NCFE Employability Certificate
- Work independently and within teams
- Gain confidence and work skills
- Begin to create a professional portfolio of your work
- Learn the basics of software such as Logic Pro, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Learn about the creative industries and the variety of jobs you can do