Get Into: Work Place Skills Support with ‘Skills Training Agency and Dv8’
Are you struggling to find work or are you unsure about how to take the first step towards your chosen career path? Dv8 and The Skills Training Agency can help! This part-time course offers CV writing sessions, interview techniques, workshops, online CV building activities, media tasks, taster sessions and employer talks to help you to feel ready and confident for your next job. Whether you are looking to work in hospitality, technology, media, charity, health or social care, this course will help you to develop fundamental transferable skills which will become invaluable in working life. Incorporating independent work, team taster tasks and one-to-one sessions to boost your confidence and help you get into work. Dv8 are here to support your journey into the world of work and we are also here to support you after your placement, with drop in centres and on-going support sessions to guide you and help you in your new job.
The part-time, 3 day a week course offers a unique opportunity for its students as it helps them progress within a friendly, non-restrictive, helpful environment with tailored tasks allowing students to work with tutors to reach personal goals. The benefit of the nature of this course timetable is that any students with childcare or other responsibilities can still participate. The total course duration is 4 weeks, with the desired outcome of a work experience placement, apprenticeship or paid employment as a result.
- Pearson Workskills Award Level 1
- Creative Media and Design tasks
- Create your own online CV profile
- CV writing skills
- Interview Techniques
- Confidence building
- Taster / Skills sessions
- Employer talks / tours
- Links with apprenticeship / traineeship providers / employers and further education establishments
- Work experience
- Support with the progression route
- Support with Maths & English
- 1-2-1 coaching and industry mentoring
Get into work, college, apprenticeships, traineeships or voluntary work.
- Achieve BTEC Award/Certificate in Creative Media Production, BTEC Award/Certificate in Music Production and NCFE Employability Certificate
- Work independently and within teams
- Gain confidence and work skills
- Begin to create a professional portfolio of your work
- Learn the basics of software such as Logic Pro, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Learn about the creative industries and the variety of jobs you can do
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact number or call 01424 213890