Fashion & Design Level 2
The Fashion & Design Course at Dv8 Sussex in Brighton and Bexhill is the place to get industry-led training in the most exclusive of industries. We offer a bespoke Fashion & Design programme in a small, personalised group setting with real-life fashion industry briefs and work experience opportunities.
“I love Dv8 Sussex because of the sense of family within the college, everyone comes together where possible. Doing the Fashion & Design course has helped me progress and receive an unconditional offer for a Level 3 course.” Nicola, Intermediate Fashion Graduate
Our Fashion & Design course is designed to enable your ideas to climb up from the drawing board and onto the catwalk. From designer research, constructing garments or attending shows and exhibitions in London, this course is a fun and inclusive way to get a qualification in fashion, and work on real life commissions. Recent graduates have gone on to study art foundation, fashion at degree level and to secure jobs in the industry. Let us help you progress your career in fashion.
Build on your experience and enthusiasm for Fashion & Design by learning the skills to put your ideas into practice. Gaining confidence in fashion illustration, pattern cutting and digital design; you will work on projects independently and in groups to give you the perfect platform to fulfil a variety of roles. Understanding the industry is key to the learning and a variety of exciting and inspiring industry guests will off er advice and deliver project briefs throughout the year.
• Previous guests have included Swimwear Designer Ruby Moon, Couture Designer Louise O’Mahoney and Tailor Gresham Blake
Internal progression from Intermediate to Advanced
Progression into employment and Fashion & Design Apprenticeships
Previous students have progressed onto Art Foundation courses, 3-year Fashion degrees and Stage & Costume Design
- Achieve Edexcel BTEC L2 Certificate in Fashion & Clothing
- Work to a real-life client commission
- Market a product through social media
- Design and make garments and accessories
- Learn pattern cutting
- Develop skill in Computer Aided Design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Create a professional portfolio
- Showcase your work though a fashion show