Art, Fashion & Design course
16 - 18
3 days per week
art, fASHION & DESIGN Course OVerview
On our Art, Fashion & Design course, build on your experience and enthusiasm for all things creative by developing the design skills to put your ideas into practice. Working in a small, personalised group setting with real-life industry briefs and work experience opportunities, this course gives you the perfect start to a future in Art, Fashion & Design.
Practical classroom work combines with trips to exhibitions, design studios and to introduce you to a range of techniques and approaches. Understanding the creative industries is key to being successful and throughout the year a variety of inspiring guests offer advice and deliver project briefs.
This course is the perfect foundation for anyone with an eye for design and will give you the opportunity to develop skills in drawing, painting, 3D design, fashion design, pattern cutting and garment construction.
What will i do on the aRT, fashion & design course?
- Gain a firm understanding of a range of design techniques including: art and craft techniques, fashion design, textile design, Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Experiment with different mediums to find your preferred artistic medium of expression
- Learn to use a variety of design equipment and technology including Photoshop, Illustrator, sewing machines and a range of mannequins
- Work to real-life client commissions (previous projects have included working with Topshop and Jury’s Inn)
- Build a portfolio of work and learn how to market yourself professionally online with blogs and digital marketing
- Explore different careers in the design industry
- Visit a variety of art and design exhibitions, shows and studios
- Work on projects in collaboration with Music, Media and Events students
- Showcase your work at Artists Open House, as well as smaller projects to build up your design portfolio
at level 2 i will:
- Achieve OCR L2 Subsidiary Diploma in Art & Design
- Gain a firm understanding of design, illustration, CAD, and fashion techniques
- Build a professional portfolio
- Explore various roles within the art, fashion and design industries and complete a relevant work experience placement
- Progress to Art foundation courses (dependent on prior attainment), Level 3 courses in Art, Games Design, Fashion, Textiles, Costume Design, Stage Design